Saturday, July 26, 2008

Art Books - Heath Robinson

Here for your delectation are two large books on Heath Robinson’s life and work. and a large format paperback, Men That Might Have Been that I acquired back in the early 1970s. I discovered the work of Heath Robinson some years previous to these publications and was at the time charmed by his eccentric machines and humorous cartoons.

heath_robinson_bioheath_robinson_inventions

The following picture is one of my favourites – it’s so absurd it makes me laugh every time I look at it.

hr_goosestep

Heath Robinson sounds as if he’d have been a great guy to know and he liked cats. Here is a photo of Heath Robinson and his cat called Saturday Morning from the book Heath Robinson - Artist & Comic Genius.

heath_robinson_cat

And The Men That Might Have Been...

heath_robinson_men heath_robinson_men2
Men That Might Have BeenThe Wiggulozoa roaming the lonely seas of Ohmycene Age

No comments: