Monday, February 2, 2009

Science Fiction 9 - Philip K Dick & Samuel R Delany

I appear to have very few books by both these authors - only three in the case of Philip Dick and two Delany novels.

Be that as it may, I do have my favourite PKD novel The Man in the High Castle in an elderly (1965) Penguin edition with the cover being a detail from Max Ernst's painting The Petrified Forest .

dick_highcastle
Also in an old Penguin edition is The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. My edition of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was released about the time Blade Runner, one of my all time favourite movies, was released. Before then, it was a pretty impossible book to find.

dick_stigmata dick_androids

I can't remember much about Samuel Delany's Fall of the Towers, but do recall being very taken with it as I was by Tales of Neveryon. The latter affected me much the same way as when I first read Edward Whittemore.

delaney_towers delaney_neveryon_tales

Coming next - SF Authors E to G.

2 comments:

hrtjhr said...

Do you know the 2moons dil, in the game you need the 2moons gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy 2moons dil, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
2moon dil, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap 2moons gold. I am happy with him.

Do you know the Asda Story gold,in the game you need the
Asda Story money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy Asda Story Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
Asda Story gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Asda Story gold. I am happy with him.

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some 9Dragons gold, and my friend also has some
9 Dragons gold,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
9Dragons money,I just want to
buy 9 Dragons gold, because there are many
cheap 9Dragons gold.
You know ,I have some Anarchy credits, and my friend also has some
Anarchy Online credits, do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
Anarchy gold,I just want to
buy AO credits, because there are many cheap
Anarchy online gold.